Thursday, October 17, 2013

Unearthly Challenge contest WIP #1

Unearthly Challenge WIP.
I'm making an ancient dwarf city which was built in the deep cave.
It seems likely they tried to avoid from freezing surface.
They have strange construction method. They don't build their architecture around floor, but they sculpt their architecture on stalactites and stalagmites.

These are my composition studies. I usually painted over the pictures.
I studied the structures of various caves.

Here is more composition studies.
I decided to develop bottom-right composition.
My team mate gave me his idea sketches. I tried to combine his sketch and my composition study.
 
Here is quick composition sketch. I and my teammate liked this one.

This is 1st detail sketch. I tried to put Russian architecture styles.
Some of them were not matching with Dwarf-looking,
it should be different from human architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment